Skokie Historical Society

Police Department of Skokie, Illinois

1935 through 1980

 

Previously known as NILES CENTRE or NILES CENTER, Illinois


SKOKIE HISTORICAL SOCIETY - 8031 Floral Avenue - Skokie, Illinois 60077

Click on image for a larger image.
Permission must be granted to reproduce any Skokie Historical Society Collection Images.

Niles Center Police Department at Village Hall, circa 1935

The Niles Center Police Department members at the Niles Center Village Hall which is located at 5127 Oakton Street.

Police and Fire Departments at Accident Site, circa 1940

Police Department assist Fire Department at an accident site. The policemen and policemen are not identified.

Police Department Cars, 1949

The 1949 V-8 Ford police squad cars at the Village Hall which is located at 5127 Oakton Street. The squad cars were donated to the Village of Skokie Police Department by the Skokie Chamber of Commerce, the Skokie Valley Post 3854 Veterans of Foreign Wars, and Skokie Post 320 The American Legion. The people are not identified.

Skokie Police Department Building Dedication, 1950s

A group of Village officials during the dedication of the Skokie Police Department building which is located at Main Street and Laramie Avenue. People shown in foreground (left to right): Jack Seeley; Ambrose Reiter; Mrs. Wilson; Police Chief William Griffin. In background (left to right): Ray Krier; Jum Smith; Bill Krewer.

Police Department Group, circa 1950

The Skokie Police Department members at Village Hall which is located at 5127 Oakton Street.  The policemen are not identified.

Police Department Motorcycle Group, circa 1950

The Skokie Police Department motorcycle group at Village Hall which is located at 5127 Oakton Street.  The policemen are not identified.

Skokie Police Department Station, circa 1960

The Skokie Police Department Station is located at Laramie Avenue and Main Street.

Skokie Police Central Dispatch Department, mid 1980s

The Skokie Police Department Station is located at Laramie Avenue and Main Street.

Return to SHS Collections | Return to SHS Home