Skokie Historical Society

Municipal Buildings of Skokie, Illinois

1901 through 1985

 

Previously known as NILES CENTRE or NILES CENTER, Illinois


SKOKIE HISTORICAL SOCIETY - 8031 Floral Avenue - Skokie, Illinois 60077

Click on image for a larger image.
Permission must be granted to reproduce any Skokie Historical Society Collection Images.

Niles Center Post Office, 1901

The Niles Center Post Office was located in the Schoeneberger General Store on the southwest corner of Lincoln Avenue and Brown Street.

Niles Center Municipal Building, circa 1920

The Village Hall building excavation at 5127 Oakton Street.

Village of Skokie Office Area, 1950s

The staff office area in the Village of Skokie building which is located at 5127 Oakton Street.

Village of Skokie Building Meeting Chamber, 1950

The meeting chamber in the Village of Skokie building located at 5127 Oakton Street.

Skokie Public Library, 1960

The original Skokie Public Library building located at 5215 Oakton Street.

Village Dump, circa 1960

The Village Dump was located on the northwest corner of Church Street and Gross Point Road.

Skokie Public Library, pre 1972

The Skokie Public Library is located at 5215 Oakton Street.

Cook County Circuit Courthouse, 1985

The Cook County Courthouse is located at 5600 Old Orchard Road.

Skokie Public Library with Mooney Sculpture, 1985

The Mooney Light sculpture is located on the Village Green between the Skokie Public Library and Skokie Village Hall.

Village Hall, 1985

The Skokie Village Hall is located at 5127 Oakton Street.

Return to SHS Collections | Return to SHS Home